The new Advisory Board’s diverse, highly skilled brain trust brings together expertise in medicine, science, health technology, patient advocacy, and business to help guide the strategic direction of Medivizor’s award-winning service.
New York, NY – June 30, 2014
Today, Medivizor, a pioneer in personalized health information and patient education, announces the formation of its Advisory Board. Internationally recognized experts on a wide range of medical domains and healthcare technologies will advise the company’s executive team. Since launching its public beta in August 2013, Medivizor has quickly become an invaluable resource for thousands of patients and caregivers, leading the charge to personalize health information for people coping with serious or chronic medical conditions.
“We are honored to have such a prestigious and diverse group of thought leaders, healthcare professionals, and scientific experts guiding our work,” said Tal Givoly, Medivizor’s CEO and Co-Founder. “This group collectively represents unparalleled scientific expertise with over 1,000 publications in scientific journals and published media in areas as diverse urology, cardiology, oncology, surgery, endocrinology, gastroenterology, patient advocacy and business. The Advisory Board’s experience and knowledge will be invaluable as we work toward improving the lives of people with serious or chronic medical conditions and of those who care for them.”
“Medivizor is the best way I know of to get personalized medical updates that are relevant, easy to understand and that focus precisely on the patient’s condition.” explains Alexis E. Te, MD, Chair of Medivizor’s Advisory Board, Professor of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University and Director of the Urology Program at the Iris Cantor Men’s Health Center. Dr. Te leads research and academic and clinical education in areas including, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), incontinence, prostatis, neurourology & urodynamics, female urology, onterstitial cystitis, laser surgery, and prostate cancer and other men’s health issues.
Advisory Board member Esther Dyson, the visionary founder of HICCup, angel investor, director of several health-related nonprofit organizations says, “Medivizor helps make the great masses of complicated medical information both intelligible and specific to each individual. Whether you’re a doctor or a patient, there’s just too much information out there for any individual to handle — Medivizor benefits both patients and doctors who have limited time and want the most targeted and up-to-date knowledge available on their specific illness.”
“The Internet is overflowing with health information. But only a small fraction of this information might be relevant to you. The brilliance of Medivizor is that it tells you what’s important and why,” says David Edelman, Advisory Board member and Co-Founder and President of Diabetes Daily, a leading diabetes online community.
Prominent physicians and scientific researchers on Medivizor’s Advisory Board include:
- Kathy Magliato, MD is a leading surgeon specializing in Heart/Lung Transplantation and Ventricular Assist Device implantation. Dr. Magliato is a nationally recognized authority on heart disease in women and has been featured extensively in the media.
- Achiau Ludomirsky, MD, is a Professor of Pediatric Cardiology and the Director of Pediatric Cardiology at New York University’s School of Medicine. Dr. Ludomirsky’s specialties include fetal and pediatric heart imaging and noninvasive therapeutic procedures for fetuses and children with congenital heart disease.
- Harry Fisch, MD is a Clinical Professor of Urology and Reproductive Medicine at the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University and a board certified urologist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Fisch is prominently featured in media outlets focusing on men’s health issues including male infertility and reproduction and infertility.
- Rache M. Simmons, MD is Chief of Breast Surgery and Professor of Surgical Oncology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Simmons is also Director of the Weill Cornell Breast Center and a nationally-renowned researcher and educator specializing in the field of minimally invasive breast cancer surgery. A frequent lecturer at national and international professional conferences, she has also authored over 100 scientific articles on the surgical treatment of breast cancer.
- Giora Weisz, MD is Chairman of Cardiology at the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem and Associate Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Weisz specializes in innovative technologies in cardiovascular medicine including robotic-enhanced technologies and coronary interventions.
- Zamir Halpern, MD is Chair of the Digestive Tract Center, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel and Professor of Medicine at Tel-Aviv University. Dr. Halpern, recognized in Israel and worldwide, has authored over 150 scientific publications.
When people are confronted with a serious or chronic illness, they or their caregiver often become “chronic web researchers.” This approach to finding relevant, trustworthy and understandable information is extremely ineffective and inefficient. Medivizor’s award-winning service enables people to obtain the health information that is relevant to their conditions quickly and easily. Medivizor is a new free, private, personalized health information service that is endorsed by leading non-profit organizations and is being “prescribed” by doctors across the country.
Medivizor was conceived as a result of the personal experiences of its founders. Over the past decade, each has personally experienced the difficulty of using the Internet to understand and track pertinent medical knowledge and declared, “There must be a better way to get the information we need!”
# # #
Medivizor is a trademark of Medivizor International Limited.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.